Resources & Accommodations:
- Self-directed residencies on a 10-acre property located in central Vermont —1.5 hours south of Burlington, Vermont and 2.5 hours north of Boston.
- a one-bedroom house with a private sleeping loft for possible second person; a fully-fitted kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and living space; internet; and a studio/workshop on the property
- Part-time Residency/Facility Manager lives off site but is ‘on-call’ to provide assistance and support artist-led public engagement activities
- Engagement opportunities at and with Vermont Studio Center may be available
- Temporary artworks may be produced and sited on the property with prior approval but removed at the end of the residency
- Residents complete exit interviews to provide feedback about their experience.
- A Harpo grantee / alumni
- An artist who is able to work independently and is willing to offer constructive feedback to the foundation about their time and experience at Back River Road Residency Retreat.
Until further notice, the opportunity is open to Harpo Foundation’s artist grantees through an annual invitation to apply